El Paso Specialty Hospital was initially a 3-OR, 15,000 square foot, surgery center that opened in 1997. The physician owners of the surgery center affiliated with NSH in November of 1999 with the intention of converting the existing facility to a surgical hospital.
Construction and state licensure was completed on March 21, 2001 for conversion of the center into a surgical hospital adding 29,000 square feet to the facility. This additional space contains 6 ORs, 2 treatment rooms and 31 hospital beds. The first cases were performed on March 26, 2001. Upon completion and licensure of the hospital, the surgical center will be closed and renovated into additional hospital administrative areas to be completed by mid-2001. The venture is a partnership with a single group of 23 orthopaedic and neurosurgery surgeons. Services offered at the new hospital will include inpatient/outpatient surgery. The physician practice offers physical therapy and imaging services are currently provided on-site through an outside third-party arrangement.
1755 Curie Drive, Suite A, El Paso, TX 79902
Copyright © 2000-2013 National Specialty Hospitals, Inc. All rights Reserved.